Sunday, September 16, 2012

VoiceThread

VoiceThread seems like a fun way to get students communicating. I would definitely implement it as a teacher. I like the idea of choosing a particular theme and having students upload their own photos to allow them to take ownership of a voice thread. I can also see how it would be a useful tool to start a dialogue on a particular photograph or piece of art related to whatever content we are covering in class. I think Ana mentioned using a photograph of Ellis Island. What an excellent way of getting a conversation started--the use of historic photographs. For the most part I found VoiceThread intuitive and easy to use. However, I didn't find the part about how to share what you have posted to be so straightforward. I thought that I had opened my thread up to the public and invited Ana to see it, but then I was told my thread was still private and I don't understand why. I hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment