Checking out openculture.com, I see that it is an excellent resource for
free meaningful cultural and educational online material. It’s useful to have a
site like this, which works to compile all of this information for you. There’s
so much junk on the Internet and it can sometimes be time consuming to weed
through it all until you get to content such as that which is posted on this
site. I especially like the documentaries under the Free Movies section and the
Smart YouTube Channels section. The site also contains movies, which could be
used in an ESL/EFL classroom as a basis for speaking activities such as the
ones we went over in class the other day (silent viewing, prediction, body
language, etc.). I think that the free audio books on this site could also be
useful for listening activities. I would provide a printout of the excerpt so
that students could read along. First I would have them skim over it and pick
out any words they don’t understand. There are endless activities that could be
done using these audio books.
No comments:
Post a Comment