Monday, September 24, 2012
ePortfolio
I love the idea of this! What a great way to motivate students and to help them take pride in their work! The fact that you can individualize pages and get creative seems like it would be fun for students of all ages. And since the content is shared with teachers and peers and can also be shared with current/potential employers, there is positive pressure to work hard in general and on putting together/maintaining your profile. I like that this space can be used to start a dialogue with peers and also that it can so effectively showcase progress. I think that to have the ability to see your work in such an organized way and to see the progress that you have made would be really motivating. In my Teaching EFL in International Settings class, my group and I will be creating a curriculum for college-aged EFL students in Argentina. I think this would be an excellent tool! Unfortunately, the ePortfolio website is kind of bland and doesn't show any good examples of student ePortfolios like Mimi showed us in class and I couldn't (after a brief search) find any creative-looking ones online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment