Saturday, November 10, 2012
Schoology
I really like how this system incorporates both course management and social networking. I think that the fact that the platform has a facebook feel to it would be motivating to students. I can see how there could be some concern over mixing this social world with education, but I personally think that sometimes tricking kids into learning is an effective way to get them engaged in an educationally productive way. Also, it seems that using a familiar interface would be advantageous as users don't have to take too much time or energy to learn how to work with it. I like the ease of setting up an account and getting started on this site and also how intuitive the site is. It isn't overloaded with stuff and it's easy to navigate. I also like that Schoology isn't limited to courses, but can be used for school clubs, sports, and other groups. The best part about Schoology is that it's free! I would definitely use it given the opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment