Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Demo Lesson Plan
Believe it or not, this is my first experience writing a lesson plan. I had the option of putting together a unit for another class, Adolescent Learners in Urban Contexts, but I decided to choose a different format for my final project because I've always found putting together lesson plans very intimidating. However, the fact that our latest assignment was to simply create one lesson plan, I was able to nearly painlessly take on the task and complete the assignment successfully. Once I got past my initial resistance and intimidation, I was able to think clearly about how to put the lesson plan together rather than getting overwhelmed by the scope of the task at hand. And I as I am an animal lover, I enjoyed working out a plan on endangered animals. I can now see that it's not as hard or intimidating as I thought and I'm grateful for the experience. Although I don't plan on becoming a teacher in the near future, I recognize that this is a great skill to have--a tool for my toolbox.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment